Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Software Development Internship (Undergraduate)
at CVS Health
Start date: June 7th, 2021
End date: August 13th, 2021
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care. Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
* Projects that contribute to the success of our business
* Community service initiatives
* Mentorship and networking opportunities
* Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports:
Leading day-to-day activities of sponsored IT initiatives to produce deliverables on time, within budget, and within scope
What you will do:
* Drive a continuous improvement initiative focused on evolving IT software development processes and practices.
* Liaise between Program Leadership and team members to align expectations and objectives, including but not limited to communicating the status of deliverables, risks and issues for the initiative.
* Collaborate with IT and Finance key stakeholders to identify and execute on opportunities to improve the organization’s estimation and forecasting capabilities.
* Conduct research on industry best practices in leveraging data to advance organizational metrics.
* Develop innovative analytic reporting solutions to be utilized across the organization.
* Apply SAFe and/or Agile methodologies to plan, define and execute scope of initiative utilizing tools and software to manage key documentation.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
* Demonstrated leadership, experience and initiative
* Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
* Have a willingness to relocate
* Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
* Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
* Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
* Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
* Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
* Have an interest in obtaining a full-time position within CVS Health
* You should currently be pursuing a Bachelors degree
* Preferred majors include Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technology related major
* Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
* Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.