Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Strategic Procurement Manager
at CVS Health
The ideal candidate is a category subject matter specialist, a thought leader and has professional credibility within the IT portfolio. Ideal category expertise will include experience with in-depth IT Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management. The Category Manager will collaborate with both the analysts and other category managers. This role will report to the Senior Manager, IT Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management.
Position Overview includes:
* IT Category Manager operates as part of a collaborative team where there will be considerable interaction with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders. The candidate must be effective in collaborating, partnering and providing excellent service to suppliers and stakeholders.
* The successful candidate will have a consistent record of creating and delivering category strategies that build value for partners. A deep understanding of related procurement practices and processes is required.
* Demonstrated success supporting senior IT stakeholders and leadership.
* Experience developing and implementing strategic sourcing solutions.
* Understanding of supply markets and strategic sourcing principles as related to specific sourcing categories.
* Ability to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
* Excellent business development and customer relationship skills to build collaborative teams.
* Well organized and able to work on multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment.
* Self-motivated and results-oriented, ability to operate without supervision.
* First-rate documentation skills, willingness to maintain audit trails to substantiate and demonstrate assumptions.
* Experience with various sourcing and procurement practices and tools (i.e. 7 Step Sourcing Process, Ariba), and ability to lead/support efforts to improve the value of purchasing to the client.
* Demonstrated success using analytical skills and written/verbal communication skills.
* Experience with business negotiations from vision to close.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant category experience in a procurement/strategic sourcing capacity with focus in supporting technology hardware, software and/or services in a consulting, project management, contract management and/or relationship management capacity.
* The individual will have best-in-class category knowledge, including relevant sub-categories, and demonstrated thought leadership and professional credibility across multiple categories.
* Prior Financial analysis experience
* Experience within the Retail and/or Healthcare Industries.
* Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO)
* 4-year degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent years of related professional experience in combination with years of education.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.