Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
at CVS Health
Wellpartner SQL Server Database administrators are tasked with supporting the day-to-day run function of the Wellpartner database environments with a focus on system performance, ongoing scaling to meet workload demand, supporting the SQL development organization with data architecture/management decisions, and ensuring the integrity of the data managed. Responds to alerts as generated through industry standard database monitoring tools, ensures the database backup and platform refresh operations run within the target SLAS, and acts as liason with Microsoft SQL teams as needed. Supports SQL Roadmap development, upgrading/migration, and execution. This position reports into the Wellpartner Infrastructure Operations team.
* Monitor the Wellpartner SQL Server database environments using provided tools and ensuring performance, availability, and capacity support SLAs and workload growth targets. Respond to alerts and support problem resolution until issue is resolved. Escalate incidents to other team functions and vendors as needed to ensure timely resolution.
* Support ongoing SQL platform development through roadmap development, migration planning, and SQL build management. Continually update the Wellpartner SQL build process, VMware images, and associated checklist/runbooks
* Ensure SQL environment backup, recovery, refresh, and disaster recovery infrastructure remain in compliance through ongoing monitoring, testing, and problem resolution. Maintain Wellpartner lower environment refresh T-SQL and expand/deploy as requested by development team and associated customer base.
* Participate in the release management process through executing code deployments using the Wellpartner release process.
* SQL DBA with 8+ years’ experience in a mission critical production database environment using failover clusters or AlwaysOn SQL with VLDB datasets
* SQL 2014/2019 Experience required
* Hands on experience with Solarwinds DPA or similar toolset
* Expert level understand of SQL Job management
* Microsoft SQL Database Security
* Microsoft SQL Backup and Recovery
* Logical and Physical Design
* Performance Tuning at instance and query optimization
* Installs, Upgrades and Patches
* Support High Availability and DR Architecture, including Always-On , Mirroring, Log Shipping, Clustering and mirroring
* Capacity Planning
* Very Large DB experience
* SSRS,SSIS,SSRS admin experience
* Strong knowledge of compliance standards (PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc).
* Ability to effectively communicate business and technical needs to different audiences.
* Self Starter working in a fast paced environment.
* Knowledge of the Wellpartner 340B SQL Environment and associated processes
* Rubrik SQL & Pure Storage Knowledge preferred
* Must have fluency in Powershell or similar scriping language
* Should be a functional git user
* Verifiable high school diploma/GED
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or similar discipline preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.