Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Design System Engineer, Android Development
at CVS Health
The Enterprise Design Systems team within CVS Health unites CVS Health Digital's product, design, and engineering teams around a common visual and brand language with which to work more efficiently and consistently across platforms and applications. The Enterprise Design Systems team provides comprehensive documentation and code for visual style, components, accessibility best practices, and implementation, which in turn, allow our teams to focus more on solving our users’ healthcare problems.
We’re seeking to add a talented Principal Design System Engineer, Android Development to our cross-functional team who will help us strengthen our Android component code, documentation, and implementation. This role is critical to Design Systems success and requires someone who self-identifies as a "builder" with the ability to architect thoughtfully robust code that expresses beautiful, pixel-perfect UI.
- You will architect, build, and test durable, easy-to-use, semantic, and accessible Android components and patterns
- You will work closely with the Design, Accessibility (A11y), and Engineering teams to ensure user needs are balanced with technical requirements to create sound components and patterns
- You will contribute to clear and lean component documentation for other developers to consume, and help build and manage the Enterprise Design Systems component library and documentation site
- You will collaborate with Android platform architects to define component code quality and platform standards
- Play an active role on a cross-functional team of designers and developers to continuously strengthen communication, identify efficiencies, and improve agile practices
- You will effectively communicate your decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Occasionally, you will wear your DevOps hat to ensure components can be successfully released and consumed by developers
- Keep your finger on the pulse of emerging libraries and technology, and apply these best practices to uncover novel solutions to everyday design and development problems
- 10+ years of experience in Android /mobile development
- Leadership capabilities and experience mentoring team members
- Demonstrate proficient engineering fundamentals
- Experience employing concepts such as CI/CD, pull requests, and agile methodologies
- Understanding of Web Accessibility Concepts (WCAG) and how it impacts development
- Ability to collaborate effectively with different teams
- Real-world experience with inclusive design and/or accessible development
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and instinctual and curiosity
- Demonstrable experience working on design systems or large-scale products
- Ability to bounce between individual work and group discussions
- Active or interested in being active in the open source community
- Strong system design approach with the ability to break ideas down into their finer elements
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.