Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Development Engineer - Test
at CVS Health
What We Do
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As the team building out search APIs, we help our members effectively find the care they need.
What you’ll do:
Our server teams are focused on building out a search API that is used by multiple applications serving millions of our users. As the number of members using our services increase, our teams will be working to refactor existing services to bring greater stability and scalability, build new services and incorporate new features necessary to improve the user experience. To accomplish this, we need a robust testing suite to ensure the quality of our code.
In any given day, you will:
- Find efficiencies in our QA processes and methods
- Advocate for an effective mix of tests (unit, integration, contract, etc)
- Automate API (Web Services, RESTful) testing using existing tools/ new tools.
- Coach other team members to develop automation code with standard coding practices and reusable libraries
- Create and maintain standard coding documentation.
- Experience supporting services in production capable of serving millions of users
- Experience writing automated tests for micro-services
- Experience translating large features into software designs
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- 5+ years software testing experience
- 3+ years API testing experience
- Experience maintaining and enhancing mature frameworks
- Discipline to follow team patterns & working agreements
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience with our current stack (Ruby and Node)
- Deploying and testing applications in AWS
- Experience with container technologies (Docker or similar)
- Exposure to branching strategies such as git-flow and GitHub Flow
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.