Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Software Engineering - API Development
at CVS Health
What We Do
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way our members manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way and deploying continuously into the cloud.
What You'll Do
Our server teams are focused on building out backend services that are used by the Aetna Health application which helps millions of members manage their insurance and find care. As an engineering supervisor, you split your time between coding and managing a team of 4-6 developers.
In any given day, you will:
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
- Work with product to break down and roughly size features
- Help guide the team to ensure effective agile ceremonies (standup, refinements, planning, retro)
- Coach team members on professional and career development
- Work other teams such as DevOps, Product and Architecture to ensure work flows smoothly to the team
- Experience with lean-agile methodologies
- Experience deploying and maintaining services in production serving millions of users
- Experience developing and deploying micro-services
- Experience translating large features into software designs
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years API development experience
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Experience deploying and maintaining services on AWS, specifically ECS, ELB, RDS
- Experience with our current stack (Ruby, Node, AWS, Docker)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.