Discovery Communications, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Discovery Communications, LLC
- Requisition ID
- Career Category
- IT & Technical Operations
- Company Employee Full-Time
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Knoxville to Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
This Project Manager will be assigned to various projects to have overall responsibility and ownership for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
This role will manage multiple projects, across numerous departments and organizations within Discovery, ensuring they are delivered to client’s satisfaction, within scope and on time. Examples of projects include: IT, Broadcast, digital infrastructure and business software applications, migrations associated with mergers and acquisitions, technical office space reconfigurations, and more.
1. This Project Manager role will need to communicate scope and detailed roles of projects, establish project plans and schedule, produce status reports, identify and escalate issues putting projects at risk.
2. You’ll work in partnership with stakeholders, project teams and vendors during project implementations.
3. Analyse project risks, develop mitigation strategies and lead implementation for resolution.
4. This role will be a key participant in project planning, design, development, testing, release management, and initial post go-live support plans.
5. Advocating on behalf of clients and represent them as appropriate to senior management and stakeholders.
6. You’ll work cross functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
7. Follow a defined and agreed upon project management methodology.
* Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools
*Initiate; Prepare (definition, scope, requirements);
*Execute and Control (scope, work plans, resources, deliverables);
*Close (completion and assessment).
* Strong and tested project managements skills including sponsor and risk management.
* Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
* Skilled in quickly establishing strong relationships across the organization and influencing skills.
* Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at a time.
* Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, or related field.
* PMP and Agile certification a plus.
* A minimum of 3 years active in role as a project manager or similar position.
* A clearly demonstratable base knowledge of IT Systems and standard processes including but not inclusive to Information Security, Networking, Desktop, Audio Visual, Messaging and Telephony.
* Flexibility to be able to travel, sometime through weekends.
* Experience with multi-location project team management.
* Experience delivering infrastructure projects in a broadcast environment a huge advantage.
* Experience in delivering software/ digital applications a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Knoxville, TN, Tennessee, KNX, KNOX