Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiology Tech - Casual/Per Diem
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs radiology examinations following hospital and radiology standards when ordered by a physician or other allied health practitioners for diagnostic purposes as directed by the Radiologist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common scientific and technical journals, manuals and procedures.
- Provides patient/family education pertinent to scheduled exams.
- Communicates pertinent patient information promptly to appropriate technologist and/or radiologist.
- Applies concepts of radiology and safety when performing examinations on patients/clients.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge in administration of IV contrast material.
- Provides quality service for all aspects of the pre-exam (QC, products and supply preparation, understanding procedures).
- Provides quality service for all aspects of the exam (exam, recognizing interrelationship of exams, accurate and precise resulting).
- Provides quality service for all aspects of the post-exam (remedial and corrective action, documentation).
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and accuracy in the operation and maintenance of all department equipment.
- Prepares and maintains departmental records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required in written and computer format.
- Coordinates function of one or more modalities.
- Greets patients and schedules exams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Registered or registry eligible.
- Registration as a Radiologic Technologist (American Registry of Radiologic Technology-ARRT) is required within 6 months of employment.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and
- Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Reports directly to the Medical Imaging Director.
- Works closely with Radiologists, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Echocardiology, MRI and other Radiology Technologists.
- Regular contact with Physicians, Nursing, allied health practitioners and other outside medical facilities.
- Extensive contact with patients.
- Occasional contact with vendors.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to risk of radiation.
- Regular exposure to hazardous material such as needle punctures and exposure to blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.