Edmond Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elementary Computer Science Teacher
at Edmond Public Schools
Elementary Computer Science Teacher. Edmond Public Schools Administration Center. (New Positon 6/17/2019). Early Childhood or Elem. Ed.-1501 or 1600. Begins 8/13/2019. Temporary Contract / District Scale. Application deadline 6/25/2019 or until filled.
Edmond Public Schools
Title: Elementary Computer Science Teacher
Immediate Supervisor: Site Principal
To create a flexible elementary computer science program and class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish productive relationships with students, parents and other staff; to monitor the learning of state computer science skills in the classes taught and throughout the school; and to support the site STEM committee and the implementation of the site STEM plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach the district adopted curriculum and comply with district and school requirements of curriculum documentation.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship, character education and basic subject matter as specified in state law, administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction as necessary to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil based on OAS computer science standards.
- Translate lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicate regularly with parents outside of the normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluate student academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records and monitoring progress.
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals and develop strategies for individual education plans and 504s.
- Be available for students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Work with the regular classroom teacher to support the teaching and learning of OAS computer science standards.
- Serve on the site STEM committee as an expert and advocate for the technology component STEM instruction.
- Work with the classroom teachers to strengthen the technology component of multi-disciplinary STEM instruction.
- Monitor appropriate student use of technology and put in place procedures to assure the protection of district technology equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Length of Contract: 181 contract days.
Salary commensurate with experience on the negotiated agreement of the Edmond Association of Classroom Teachers (EACT).
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the site principal in accordance with the provisions of the Board's policies, state law, and the negotiated agreement with the Edmond Association of Classroom Teachers (EACT).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts degree in elementary education
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Oklahoma teaching certificate with elementary endorsements
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, staff, parents, and the general public.
Ability to plan budgets and use the mathematical skills required to do so. Maintain accurate records and support documentation for projects under the supervision of the position.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions. Ability to code beyond the basic level, capacity to use computer based learning programs such as code.org, and experience on both apples and window devices. Knowledge of computer systems, blocking code and code languages. Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community. Ability to organize and chair or facilitate committees and meetings. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 17, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)