Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer - Carpenter (20472)
at Enchantment Resort
At Enchantment, we work to ensure that the property is well-maintained and that each guest has a comfortable experience. If you take pride in a job well-done and enjoy hands-on problem solving opportunities, join our engineering team.
Basic function: Perform general maintenance and repairs within the general trade skill areas
- Respond and attend to guest room repair requests
- Communicate with guests and staff to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision
- Request, acquire and maintain inventory, parts and supplies as needed
- Safe use of hand and power tools and other material required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, filter replacement, etc.
- Thorough clean-up of repair area
- Use of Lockout/Tagout system before preforming any maintenance work
- Use engineering computer programs related to maintenance work
- Maintain shop areas, spare parts areas, storage areas and inventories of the materials, equipment and associated parts of the trade
- Repair, install, adjust and perform preventive/predictable maintenance and maintain the information in a shop log or document the assignment through the work order system
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- Fabricate and repair furniture and fixtures
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes
- Repair and finish sheet rock
- Repair all types of wall coverings
- Communicate with engineering supervisor on projects as assigned
- Respond to all customer requests in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of the other employees and guests
- Other duties as assigned
High school education or equivalent work experience.
Prefer some experience in hotel/motel, high rise building or construction. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Safety sensitive position.
- 30% Sitting
- 70% walking, standing, climbing and bending
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and manual dexterity
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to drive golf cart or gator