ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Control Specialist and Technical Writer/Editor Intermediate
at ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Project Control Specialist/Technical Writer/Editor Lead to support the Global Solutions Management – Operations (GSM-O) I/II contract, which provides support services for the operation, defense, and sustainment of the Department of Defense Information Network/Defense Information System Network.
As a Project Control Specialist/Technical Writer/Editor Lead, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
Duties: Responsible for a wide variety of highly detailed and complex program activities, with an emphasis on development, analysis, and evaluation of program status. Also assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Directs resource management and administrative activities such as budgeting, staffing and resource planning, and reporting.
- Prepares and presents program level management reviews of project performance.
- Responsible for preparing, updating, and distributing project management products, such as PERT/CPM charts, and major milestone calendars required for overall program management.
- Monitors and tracks identified events in each individual project and tracks the interdependencies of all schedules, resulting in an overall master schedule. Responsible for specifying scheduling and graphics tools to support management of DISN programs.
- Produces management reports for personnel and contractual resources. Develops work breakdown structures and prepares charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems and making recommendations.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training, and quality assurance/quality control as necessary.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Assists in performing financial and administrative functions.
- Provides functional guidance, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control.
- Supports other GMS-O priorities and tasks as directed.
- Requires the ability to interface with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Understanding of the general principals involved in computers and communications systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical terminology and technologies.
- Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, training materials, etc.
- Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps.
- Experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations
- Strong planning, organizing, coordinating, problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint and Wiki. Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Documented skills in creating meeting agendas and after-action reports for senior government leadership.
- Excellent communications skills both in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Documented skills in providing project control schedules and managing deliverables for a program.
Desired Skills: Broad knowledge and expertise with DoD IT hardware, software, processes, procedures, and quality control. Experienced with project control functions and products.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years IT technical writing in support of DoD/OSD, and 2 years practical experience with Project Control.
Clearance: Top Secret clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology and cybersecurity leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.