Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Operations Manager
at Extra Space Storage
As the IT Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team who provides resolution to IT hardware, software, network and telecommunications problems. You will lead a highly motivated first and second level team who provide support to headquarters and 1800 store locations across the US. The ideal candidate is someone who can keep a positive relationship with internal customers, meet deadlines, lead a team, stay organized, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to make the service better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the IT Service Operations team which includes service desk tier 1 and tier 2, asset management, and 3rd party IT support partners
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in IT leadership and teamwork to achieve business goals
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote Extra Space key initiatives
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results, instilling a continuous improvement mindset
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances in issues, and takes appropriate action
- Manages the IT Asset Lifecycle program, maturing and developing processes for hardware and software to ensure tracking, license adherence, and efficient allocation of IT Assets at headquarters as well as in the stores
- Oversee the service desk to identify, prioritize and resolve problems with information technology products and services in a timely manner. Ensure that all phases of service desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked and that Requests for Service are resolved appropriately or escalated for resolution to third-level support staff
- Leads and coordinates major incident management, ensuring all steps during a production issue are being executed and addressed
- Prepare budget recommendations for staffing needs, costs of equipment, maintenance and future projects
- Responsible for improving service monitoring and alerts, and striving to deliver industry best practice
- Establish and implements service desk policies, procedures, standards and service level agreements
- Provides accurate, timely and relevant information about the status of projects, personnel and activities within the team
- Performs HR supervision, including hiring, termination of employment, conducting performance reviews, setting performance goals, promotions, salary increases, developing subordinates, and managing performance and discipline.
- Keeps abreast of technology changes and innovations in the information technology field, especially as it applies to Service Operations
- Manages and coordinates vendor relationships and contracts for products, services and support
- Analyzes, assesses and recommends improvements in programs and practices to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience in the information technology field and the ability to direct technical work teams
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology
- Experience with structured project life cycle, workflow management tools and service management methodologies such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Experience managing multiple teams and developing team-level operating plans
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors and service providers in the information technology business
- Skills in resource management, project prioritization, problem-solving, issue management, negotiation, and mediation
- Ability to manage customer and vendor relationships
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with Extra Space values and ethics
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Comfortable leading discussions with peers and company leadership
- Detail oriented and organized
- Creative outside the box thinker
- Self-motivator with the ability to make decisions within area of expertise
- Minimal travel, but some travel may be required as need arises
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.