Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile Application Development Manager
at Extra Space Storage
It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company and a member of the S&P 500, leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one.
In order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for an Engineering Manager, Mobile Applications. In this role, you will deliver customer facing mobile applications that will differentiate our customer experience.
- Lead team(s) of mobile software engineers, quality engineers, and business analysts with modern software delivery approaches
- Design and implement optimal team development workflow and reporting using delivery tools such as Jira
- Facilitating planning for, architectural decisions, reducing technical debt, and enhance the ability to scale and secure applications
- Collaborate with product owners to understand business objectives and breaking those down into product roadmaps and epics
- Tracking projects and measuring team performance based on velocity, product quality, and reliability
- Engaged in hiring and developing exceptional talent to maximize their full potential
- Building a culture of continuous improvement based on Lean and DevOps practices
- Building high performing teams built on principles of trust, communication, and accountability
Does this sound like you?
- Able to prioritize and break down complex work
- Comfortable leading and communicating
- Passion for software delivery
- Detail-oriented yet able to see the big picture
- Organized and able to manage time
- Calm, flexible, and composed
- 5 years’ experience, designing and developing mobile applications
- 3+ years in any of the following technologies:
(Xamarin, Flutter, React Native, Java/Kotlin, Objective-C / Swift)
- Experience with test automation and quality engineering testing approaches
- Understanding of secure coding practices
- Experienced leading teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.