Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Franklin Electric
Franklin Fueling Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Hardware Engineering team in Saco, Maine. The team develops innovative sensors and monitoring solutions for the fueling and power utility industry to increase efficiency, determine predictive maintenance, and to meet environmental and industry regulations.
As part the product engineering group, the candidate will be responsible for product development and design, quality, manufacturing, and end-user satisfaction. This includes concept design, detailed design, prototype development, functional specifications, design verification and validation, and launch into manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Active participant in new product development projects, either as the lead mechanical engineer or a supporting role
- Innovates through introducing new ideas and procedures
- Creates engineering designs for new and legacy products resulting in safe, compliant, and cost-effective products
- Generates product documentation including engineering drawings, assembly drawings, certification drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing requirements, manuals, etc
- Solves manufacturing issues (assembly, machining, etc.), quality issues (dimensional, material, and design discrepancies, etc.), and purchasing issues (vendor qualification, engineering support, etc.)
- Resolves customer complaints
- Manages product line cost reduction and/or reliability improvement initiatives
- Researches and designs around industry and safety standards
- Performs tolerance stack-ups and design failure mode effects analysis
- Completes product testing
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Reads technical drawings and knows Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knows various manufacturing processes (sheet metal fabrication, machining, injection molding, casting etc.).
- Responds to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to create 3D models and 2D drawings using design software
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related degree (required).
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Experience with 3D modeling (Creo, SolidWorks, or similar) and 2D drafting
- Required: Computer-aided design, tolerance analysis, design for manufacturing
- Desired: 3D printing, regulatory background, basic electrical knowledge
- Basic: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint