General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- TS/SCI, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems/Viz has an immediate opening for a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer at our Pittsburgh opeerations. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Responsibilities for this Position
As a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy PaaS infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, deployment and more.
- Collaborate with Software Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including content caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, load balancer setup, and more.
- Interface with internal and external customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them.
- Work closely with Project Management to build and constantly drive excellence in our solutions.
In this role, you are the Platform Engineer working with Critical internal and external Platform Consumers. Together with the team, you will support successful implementation of Application PaaS in the Cloud through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in some of the following areas:
- Deployment of continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy, Python, Powershell, and/or Scala.
- Effective communication and attention to detail.
Other beneficial experience:
- IT security practices or DevSecOps including encryption, certificates, key management, patch management, STIG, RMF, or security hardening, and auditing.
- Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
- Container technologies such as Docker, or LXC.
- Installation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, RHOSP, or VIO.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Cloud automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Terragrunt, or Packer.
- Experience maintaining production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services).
- Open source server, messaging, and database software (such as NGINX RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
GD Viz Overview
Do you like knowing that your work has life-saving value? Do you like the squeak of dry-erase markers on a giant whiteboard, or a lively debate about a user’s optimal experience, or the view of the South Side slopes, or the autonomy to accomplish your goals as you see fit, or board game lunches? Do you like the kind of day where you learn so many new skills that your brain feels like it just ate Thanksgiving dinner? Sound intriguing? Viz is looking for people like you: smart, creative, and fun.
We make software that interactively visualizes data. We make software that enables massive collaboration. We make software that supports our men and women in the military, that smoothes the way of emergency responders here at home, that offers insight to researchers and data analysts. We’re a passionate, close-knit group of inter-disciplinary thinkers and doers that craft truly one-of-a-kind software used all over the world, and we do it from our cozy-casual office here in Pittsburgh.
Check out who we are and what we do here
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is desired at the time of hire or obtainable in a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran