General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior RF Systems Engineer *
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is desired at time of hire. However, if the applicant does not have a TS/SCI security clearance, he or she must be able to obtain a /SCI security clearance within 18 months of hiring. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for a Senior RF Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Tactical Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (TSIR) business unit is focused on providing tactical ground systems for critical Department of Defense systems along with computational capabilities for signals detection, collection, and analysis.
Senior RF Systems Engineers analyze customer requirements and develops RF-based SIGINT solutions to support program execution and business development. Additional responsibilities include:
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Leverages system analysis, design, verification, delivery, and troubleshooting experience to improve program execution and new system offerings
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation, and interface definition
- Supports technical and cost proposals to meet challenging customer requirements
- Lead engineering groups in technical execution and improved processes
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Perform mission, functional, cost-benefit, and risk analysis
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Works on advanced architectures that may result in new business for the company
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system design weaknesses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of RF-based SIGINT, COMINT, & ELINT system architecture and design
- Understanding of wideband antenna system architecture and design
- Substantial use, understanding and tailoring of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- System requirements definition, decomposition, flow down, and traceability
- Substantial proficiency with system design & system modeling tools
- System-level and software-level integration and test, including formal test plans and procedures
- Substantial written and verbal communications skills, including presentations to internal stakeholders, executive management, and customers
- BS/MSEE with at least 10 years of experience
- RF background and the ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to discriminating customers
- System-level signal, RF path, and link budget analyses
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), Direction Finding (DF) and geolocation systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran