General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Test Engineer
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Top Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Test Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with the engineering leadership to ensure quality is built in early and is testable
- Develop and participate in the QA/test approach, methodology, and process for a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment
- Test applications through automated and manual back-end functions as well as through UI
- Qualify all new features by testing on supported platforms and configurations
- Implement, execute and troubleshoot automated tests during the sprint cycles
- Verify installations with acceptance tests, track bugs, and participate in development meetings
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Participate in internal reviews of software components and systems
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in some of the following areas:
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Coding experience in Java, C/C++, Python, or Go
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux Environments
- Expertise in Test Automation using Selenium
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Effective communication and attention to detail
Other beneficial experience:
- Familiarity with multiple DevOps tool chains
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Work experience with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Detailed and fully proficient knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Experience building large-scale mission-critical applications
- Experience with distributed systems
- Direct-manipulation user interfaces
- Information visualization
Do you like knowing that your work has life-saving value? Do you like the squeak of dry-erase markers on a giant whiteboard, or a lively debate about a user’s optimal experience, or the view of the South Side slopes, or the autonomy to accomplish your goals as you see fit, or board game lunches? Do you like the kind of day where you learn so many new skills that your brain feels like it just ate Thanksgiving dinner? Sound intriguing? Viz is looking for people like you: smart, creative, and fun.We make software that interactively visualizes data. We make software that enables massive collaboration. We make software that supports our men and women in the military, that smoothes the way of emergency responders here at home, that offers insight to researchers and data analysts. We’re a passionate, close-knit group of inter-disciplinary thinkers and doers that craft truly one-of-a-kind software used all over the world, and we do it from our cozy-casual office here in Pittsburgh.
Check out who we are and what we do here in Pittsburgh!
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire or obtainable within a reasonable amount of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran