General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecommunications Network Engineer
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in electrical/ electronic systems to include configuration and maintenance of telecommunications equipment
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Unix, Linux, and VXWorks
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Telecommunications Network Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Other LCAT Qualifications:
Shall have telecommunications engineering and transmissions switching experience in two (2) or more of the following:
- High Speed Digital Switching
- Optical network technologies
- SDH/SONET including protection schemes
- ASON (auto switched optical network)
- Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Telecommunications signaling protocols including: ISON, SDH/SONET
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU) standards.
- GSM- Global System for Mobile communication (TNSS only)
- UMTS-Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (TNSS only)
- LTE-Long-Term Evolution (TNSS only
Shall have experience in one (1) or more of the following:
- Sunset El tester/SDH tester
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Protocol Analyzer
- VePal UX40
Shall have three (3) years of experience in two (2) or more of the following skills:
- Hardware and Software Configuration management
- Network Technology and Equipment
- Computer and Network Systems Administration for Solaris, Linux, and Windows
How You Can Help:
We seek curious, motivated candidates with a can-do attitude and an agile mindset who stay up-to-date on the latest software, tools and technologies.
Are you an open-minded engineer that can help us solve challenging technical problems? If so, GDMS may be the right place for you!
Responsibilities to include:
- Designs and plans network systems
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges and gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators
- May develop uniform operation procedures
- Conducts testing of network systems
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran