Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager - Information Technology
Job Reference #: 9447_1547981
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Reporting to the Information Technology Manager and Resident Manager, the IT Assistant Manager will assist with maintenance, administration and delivery of support services to all technology users in the hotel, ensuring technology is used for optimum efficiencies, maximizing colleague, guest and owner satisfaction.
* With high integrity, strive to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and colleagues, while providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people in all interactions.
* Continuously review user, hotel, vendors and industry needs for new opportunities to use technology to improve efficiency and service, including available software upgrades.
* Provide support to all hotel users of Shangri-La hotel, Toronto and Shangri-La systems, hardware, software, networks and provide reasonable solutions to user challenges and concerns.
* Assist with diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving communication, hardware and operating system problems; and monitoring system security procedures, ensuring minimum downtime/inconvenience.
* Assist with completing and maintaining system backups, integrity of tapes and archives, ensuring proper controls are in place to safeguard systems and data.
* Assist with auditing and managing technology assets and maintain accurate, up-to-date inventory of all products, warranties and licenses, make support calls if required and perform periodic preventative maintenance to ensure product reliability and availability.
* Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, procedures, programs especially software licensing agreements which must be maintained an orderly system.
* Maintain positive communication with all departments in the hotel, interacting with colleagues as internal customers and stay well informed of major hotel activities.
* Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
* Results driven - Self-motivated, high initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Technical Competence - Demonstrates exceptional ability to operate, program, administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows operating systems, email systems and antivirus, firewalls, basic and advanced networking skills, workstations, laptops, printers, servers and networking hardware and software components.
* Technology Proficiency - Up to date knowledge on relevant hotel point of sale technology, property management systems, networking, software, hardware applications, LAN/WAN Wi-Fi environment, including, Windows Server / Workstation / Cisco telephony and other applicable hardware and software used in the property.
* Problem Solving - Able to easily diagnose technical problems, work calmly in a fast-paced high pressure environment, prioritize, troubleshoot, respond to changing business requirements and escalate issues as needed for problem resolution.
* Organizational skills - Able to manage multiple needs/tasks in an organized, efficient, methodical and thorough manner especially at pre-opening stage, demonstrating superior administrative and time management skills.
* Internal customer service excellence - User focused, attention to detail with regards to client satisfaction, strive for service excellence in all relationships, some which require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
* Emotional maturity - Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble, a genuine ability to demonstrate Shangri-La core values of respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
* Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English and ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and effectively in person, over the telephone, email and presentations.
* Coaching - Fosters a climate of continuous learning, growth and improvement including training appropriate Guest Service colleagues or hotel guests' problem resolution, able to share learning of technical concepts to non-technical users.
* Ethical conduct and responsibility - Fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!