Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1524813
Managed by SMI Hotel Group, the newly renovated Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown features 170 guest rooms, five elegant and stylish meeting rooms, and Titche's Bar & Bistro, our full-service restaurant and bar. Located within the central business district in the heart of exciting downtown Dallas, the hotel is connected to an extensive skywalk and tunnel system linking it to more than 10 million square feet of leading corporate offices, banks and shops. Our convenient location is just minutes from area attractions such as the Majestic Theatre, the original Neiman Marcus store, Fair Park, JFK Memorial, and the West End and Deep Ellum entertainment districts. The Convention Center, Dallas Museum of Art, and Reunion Arena are also within blocks of the hotel.
The Hotel Indigo is looking for an experienced, energetic, hands-on Chief Engineer to join our management team. Under the direction of the hotel General Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, computer systems, locks, furniture, paint and wall coverings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages property's preventative maintenance program.
* Implements and maintains cost controls to reduce expenses, energy usage and waste.
* Maintains oversight of outside contractors and vendors who are performing maintenance related duties on property.
* Assesses, repairs and maintains all operating equipment, including, but not limited to all pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, etc.
* Assesses, repairs and maintains:
o all electrical systems, refrigeration systems and equipment.
o all hotel lighting and related equipment systems.
o all plumbing and related equipment and systems.
o all hotel appliances and equipment.
o all guest room furnishings and equipment.
* Assesses, repairs and maintains lock and key system.
* Performs necessary inspections and repairs to kitchen and restaurant equipment and furnishings.
* Performs minor construction work.
* Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
* Manages engineering staff.
* Prepares weekly labor schedules, to adhere to property's budget and staffing guidelines.
* Uses hotel's purchasing procedures to maintain par stocks of essential parts and products used for operating, repairing and maintaining the hotel.
* Maintains departmental documentation.
* Completes annual performance evaluations.
* Conducts on-the-job training in specific technical areas, safety and security, and SOP's.
* Holds monthly departmental meetings.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!