Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Database Administrator II
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Database Administrator II implements, administers and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases, implements data models, database designs, resolves database performance and capacity issues and backup and replication issues by performing the following duties.
1. Maintains database platform lifecycles including implementation, review and decommission
2. Evaluates, recommends and creates database policies and procedures including support for high availability, virtual environments and storage systems.
3. Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect a database.
4. Configures database server monitoring and alerting utilities to meet company policies and procedures.
5. Specifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by user.
6. Documents the database environment configurations, workflows and processes.
7. Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
8. Serves as a point of escalation and resolution for data integrity or performance issues and outages.
9. Serves as a technical resource to other teams and projects for developing database integrations such as Microsoft SSIS packages, Powershell and Visual Basic.
10. Assists in establishing Service Level Agreements.
11. Ensures all database servers are configured to meet Business Recovery Point Objectives.
12. Tests backups to ensure Business Recovery Time Objectives can be met.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
14. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
15. Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science; or equivalent years of experience
2. 3-7 years experience working in an IS/IT department.
3. 3-7 years experience with SQL database applications including Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS
4. 0-2 years experience with Powershell and Visual Basic
5. Capable of evaluating data flows to offer suggestions to optimize delivery output, adhere to security protocols, and/or remain compliant with QC.
6. Ability to document procedures and build work instructions.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
8. High attention to detail.
1. Microsoft Database Certification preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will