Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitor Tech, Days PRN
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our Central Monitoring Unit is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. With great teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team, please apply today!
What You’ll Do
The Monitor Technician is responsible for providing continuous observation and associated documentation of cardiac telemetry monitors in the Central Monitoring Unit.
The successful candidate will be able to:?
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and detect heart rhythm and rate variations
- Respond to life-threatening situations and understand the importance of this role to the patient’s well-being
- Monitor cardiac rhythms for up to 40 telemetry patients at a time
- Document appropriately in the patient’s medical record
- Ensure appropriate and timely responses to alarms and follow escalation process to ensure optimal patient care
- Troubleshoot telemetry problems and educate nursing staff when necessary
What You’ll Bring
- High school or GED required
- Monitor Tech, EKG, or Patient Care experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a basic arrhythmia test?
- Must have a passion for excellence?
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism displayed through sound judgement, initiative, and flexibility?
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills?
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills?
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions?
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others?
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful situations? ?
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability?
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Advancement and career development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.