HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Claims Advocate
at HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Description of Responsibilities:
A seasoned claims position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who can deliver total quality claim service to clients in a large independent agency. Must be knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms, possess strong analytical skills, and have the ability to communicate well with both clients and carriers. The individual must work well with others in a team concept environment in addition to working independently and accepting accountability and ownership.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- Handle Property, Automobile, General Liability, and some Workers’ Compensation claims
- Provide in-depth coverage analysis for complex general liability claims
- Claim mitigation practices to include complex claims consultation, reserve analysis, and evaluation of claims
- Conduct and Coordinate claim reviews with clients and/or carriers on General Liability/Property and Automobile losses.
- Provide in-depth analysis via agency reporting protocols to production staff.
- Attend relevant continuing education seminars and training to enhance knowledge and skills
- Additional duties as assigned
- At least five (5) years experience in commercial property and casualty claims administration.
- Bachelor’s degree, professional designation such as CPCU, AIC, CIC, CRM, AU, AAI, ARM or proven insurance claims-related work experience preferred.
- Valid P & C license (or must obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Superior understanding of insurance principles. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level.
- Strong customer service focus. Is energetic, action oriented and ready to seize an opportunity. Responds with a sense of urgency as required.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to identify client needs and provide solutions to address those needs.
- A team player who can collaborate and build consensus.
Ability to set realistic client expectations and deliver in a time-sensitive environment