Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Catastrophe Risk Data Analyst
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite is an entrepreneurial success that has grown to be a top provider of home insurance since our inception in 1998. We provide home insurance as a companion to auto insurance from recognized top 10 national brands. With a nationwide footprint the effective measuring, managing and mitigation of natural peril exposure is an essential component of organizational success.
Homesite’s Catastrophe Management Team is searching for a Catastrophe Risk Data Analyst, who will apply their technical knowledge/skills to support Homesite’s Catastrophe Management Team. The role’s primary responsibilities will include data development and analysis support. The Catastrophe Risk Data Analyst opportunity is in our Boston, MA location and reports to the Catastrophe Risk Manager.
* Support various data and analysis projects within the Catastrophe Management Team.
* Develop, maintain, and enhance databases throughout the team to support analytics projects.
* Understand corporate data structure to be able to draw data from transactional data tables existing in the company.
* Support the acquisition of external data sets, interpreting data layouts, structures, fields and values to incorporate new data into the core analytics data base.
* Analyze databases for performance optimization, including data normalization, indexing, and memory management.
* Develop various data and analysis automation tools to monitor natural disasters in near real-time.
* Provide detailed documentation and reports as needed for internal and external uses.
* Develop documentation for internal workflows and datasets.
* Support data visualization tools (Tableau, Shiny, etc.) developed by the team for use across the organization.
* One to three years of programming or database related experience - experience in the insurance industry a plus.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS).
* Understanding Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) approaches and concepts including Database Normalization.
* Experience with Python, R or other programming language is a plus.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
* Motivated individual with strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
* Effective communication skills.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, or Engineering with significant computer programming coursework.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!