Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Doc. Svcs. xPression Developer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
PendingHomesite is a unique and innovative national property and casualty insurance company. Partnering with major insurance carriers and led by a management team with extensive experience, Homesite is carving out a position as a homeowners' solutions provider. Due to growth at Homesite we are currently seeking for a document designer who understands the importance of providing our customers with accurate documents explaining their coverages. This individual is experienced in composition software like xPression and archival application like DocFinity and understands creating content that can by dynamic and re-purposed.
- Develop and create dynamic documents for our insureds for all lines of business - Life, Policy, Commercial
- Systems designer around the data, composition, workflows and the archival system
- Someone driving modern engineering principles with right processes
- Own the analysis, design and development around the criteria for state variations, coverages and other criteria
- Perform build and deployment of xPression packages/templates from one environment to another environment.
- Provide application support in all environments and especially during production implementations.
- Work closely with the back-end developers in understanding reading data, criteria and coding accordingly.
- Assist project team members with the system and integration testing.
- Work closely with the business teams, testing teams to establish testing environment state, Data staging, test Data management.
- Proficient in xPression administration (xAdmin), xPression dashboards (xDashboard)
- 8+ years of experience in Content Creation Management software applications like EMC xPression 4.5/4.6
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Extensive hands-on experience in xPression platform using both the Compuset and xPublish engines as systems developer.
- Document development using xDesign
- Migration from Compuset engine to xPublish engine.
- XML, XSD, XSLT, data modelling
- Strong database skills with hands on SQL query writing and back end validation.
- Experience in designing and developing multi-channel (Print, web/html, email, archive, SMS, Fax etc) communications
- Self-starter and independent. Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player willing to go all out to find a solution.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC.
- Team player yet comfortable working independently with self-discipline
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be used with business and system stakeholders
- Able to work under tight deadlines and ability to work on several projects at once with shifting priorities
- Experience in Insurance domain, specifically property, commercial and life insurance
Nice to Have
- Document development using other CCM tools such as OpenText ExStream, Smart communications.
- Good exposure of Smart Communications Tenancies and Appliances is preferred
- Prior experience in integrating with Guidewire InsuranceSuite
- Experience integrating Document Management System (FileNet etc.)
- Working on data migration, data mapping and profiling from legacy to web application
- Participating in Scrum and Sprint Planning and Creating, updating user stories
Level of Education Required
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in a technical area, preferably computer science or engineering.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!