Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Stack Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to analyze and develop quality software solutions. The individual is responsible for technical design, building new features, while providing support with data analysis and troubleshooting of issues reported while working with business to measure the impact and deliver the solutions in timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical requirements gathering and analysis to include: data gathering, system documentation, gap analysis, and business process modeling
- Partners with the Business users to gather all technical requirements to formulate business specifications, workflows, key functionality, enhancements, and translating those into technological business functionality to create solutions that support Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Assists the technical team in translating Business application functionality into technical application architecture and the production of business functionality requirement statements
- Communicates the business directives, goals, and needs to the technical team and serves as a business interface through managing expectations and defining business satisfaction metrics
- Work with QA team and review the test plans and ensure the application is tested for requirements accurately.
- Learn new tools, design, analysis and programming techniques to improve the efficiencies in the systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Advanced skills with web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Search Console) and implementation
- Hands-on experience working with data/analytics dashboards (e.g., Tableau)
- Understanding of data architecture and data access technologies and techniques.
- Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture and microservices.
- Can write effective documentation, applying standards-based and industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Boot, JMX, JUnit, J2EE -> JPA, JAXB, Spring MVC, Maven
- Strong knowledge in developing front-end web applications using React.js, Backbone.js & node.js.
- Strong understanding of git, bitbucket, jira, confluence, swagger (api documentation).
- Knowledge in cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred)
- Working knowledge of Relational (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Redis, Memcache)
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems to make informed decisions. Organize and analyze a solution as part of a whole and its individual components.
- Accountability & Dependability
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Take initiative and be accountable.
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Responds well to change and adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Handle multiple demands / priorities effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Customer Focus
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Development & Continual Learning
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of relevant experience around design and development of distributed enterprise applications
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
- AWS Certification is a plus, but not required
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!