Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Write Python and SAS code based on functional specification and technical design. Adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the database and appropriately leverage existing code.
* Leverage public cloud technologies, databases - DynamoDB, serverless (AWS Lambda)
* Represent the team; its technology and project status in project and leadership meetings
* Drive optimal solution design collaborating with architects and cross-functional teams.
* Utilize sound judgment and strong technical leadership to drive decisions through consensus and influence change.
* Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions.
* Evaluate and interpret requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions.
* Perform code reviews, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt and provide coding best practice recommendations.
* Build and automate repeatable processes to efficiently deploy rate updates into existing rating engine.
* Take ownership of tasks and deliver with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary.
* Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the delivery of the product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Proficiency in Python.
* Experience with AWS platform using services such as S3, IAM, Lambda, DynamoDB
* Experience with micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker)
* Working knowledge of GIT and managing branching strategies - code migrations and version control.
* Strong T-SQL skills, with knowledge of database design, objects, and query tuning.
* Ability to comprehensively understand data sources, elements and relationships in both business and technical terms.
* Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently.
* A desire to build tools and applications to automate work.
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail; strong analytical skills.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum, TDD/BDD is desired.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 3-5 years' experience in a developer or analyst role.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!