Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Network Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead design and architecting process for new network infrastructure implementations.
* Mentor and cross train junior team members.
* Maintain an understanding of Homesite’s infrastructure to effectively engineer new solutions.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Daily support and monitoring of network functionality
* Improvement of current processes, design and implementation of new technologies.
* Research new technologies and make recommendations to management.
* Participate in on-call rotation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and follow up skills
* Strong project management skills.
* Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as MPLS, VPLS, OTV.
* Strong knowledge of routing and switching technologies
oRouting Protocols including BGP and EIGRP
oImplementation of MPLS Networks with QoS
oImplementation of Internet connectivity with multiple IPS’s with path redundancy
oSwitching including Spanning-Tree, Layer 2 Vlan’s, VTP, Etherchannel
* Strong knowledge of firewall technologies.
oImplementation of VPN including Client to Gateway, Site to Site, DMVPN, GRE and SSL
* Strong knowledge of wireless technologies
* Solid understanding of load balancers
oF5 and Cisco ACE
* Solid understanding of Windows Server Systems
oMicrosoft Server 2008/2012
* Solid Understanding of monitoring software and protocols
oSNMP v1, v2, v3
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 5-7 years of WAN/LAN design, implementation and support
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* CCNP or equivalent experience
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!