Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
3 years experience in troubleshooting & maintenance of HVAC and power plant equipment. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Valid driver's license Required
The Building Systems Technician is responsible for the daily operation, preventative and corrective maintenance on system-wide power plant and HVAC equipment such as but not limited to chillers, boilers, pumps, generators, fire alarms, pneumatic tube systems and sprinkler systems. This position performs trouble shooting, testing, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing of a wide variety of medical and non-medical related equipment and building systems to include electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatic and other mechanical systems as assigned. This position must be able to work independent, and with minimal supervision, be able to make quick and accurate decisions, maintaining superior communication with customers and supervision to provide high quality patient care and customer satisfaction. Encourages teamwork within Supply Chain Support Services and promotes a culture of service excellence.
- Operates Power Plant systems, HVAC systems and other building systems and equipment. Document work completed in the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Repairs, installs, maintains, tests and troubleshoots Power Plant, HVAC and other medical and non-medical building related equipment and systems as assigned or as necessary to ensure high quality and un-interuptable service to patients, staff, visitors and others. Maintains and repairs equipment using CFC’s in an environmentally safe manner using standard industry equipment and methods to evacuate, repair, test and recharge CFC systems. Maintains certifications and licensing as required.
- Conducts daily inspections of boilers, pipelines, high and low pressure vessels, meters, gauges, and other systems for proper operation. Adjusts, turns on and off equipment and building systems to maintain efficient operations while meeting the demands of the buildings occupants.
- Maintains a high degree of technical expertise in operation and maintenance of buildings, equipment and systems to maintain safe and reliable systems, ensure code compliance and high operational efficiencies. Treats open and closed loop systems chemically to protect equipment and systems in a cost-effective manner.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely and in a friendly manner, resolving issues and problems with a high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
- Assists other employees on projects and installations providing expertise in repair and maintenance of building systems and equipment.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs associated patient care equipment to include lighting, beds, nurse call, sinks and other equipment as necessary. Performs general maintenance and building systems operational duties.
- Keeps current on all laws, rules, regulations, standards and codes relating to Power Plants and HVAC related equipment and systems. Acts as a resource and provides training to others so they can perform light corrective and preventative maintenance on special systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.