Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server Engineer II
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- IT Sys Engineering & Arch
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
- M-F 7:30-4:00
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' related experience Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline Required
3 years VMware, Microsoft, RedHat, IBM AIX, Exchange, and Skype for Business). Must be familiar with storage, networking and backup technologies. Required
The Server Engineer II designs, develops, tests, modifies and documents server solutions, the application of system analysis techniques and procedures, perform regular maintenance duties, support incident and request intake, problem root cause analysis, troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of issues and project task.In addition, the Server Engineer II provides guidance, mentoring, training and participates in a support on-call rotation facilitating off-hour work functions in support of incidents, upgrades, patches, and project task fulfillment.
- Monitors server performance, virtualization performance and provides utilization projections. Monitors backup system performance and reliability. Monitors messaging performance and performs troubleshooting of errors.
Performs diagnostic analysis, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of networks and servers. Identifies inefficiencies in deployment/build process and provides solutions. Server setup, installation and configuration.
Configures and maintains HA configurations of various types. Defines the hosts in the backup system and establishes schedules. Allocates Servers based on application needs using the appropriate protocols and tiers.
Server capacity planning, forecasts server growth, consults vendors, plans and executes server installation. Collaborates with programmers and database administrators to optimize server performance.
Restores and recovers data from the backup system as requested.
- Uses communication skills to listen to, identify & address customer needs while building a relationship and rapport with customers. Builds positive working relationships with team members, managers & all departments.
Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to needs of the customer. Proactively or timely recognizes opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Consistently lives out the commitment to the HonorHealth tenets of service excellence as illustrated in daily interactions with staff, faculty, physicians, patients, their families and others outside of HonorHealth: Customer Centered, Service Focused, Quality Driven, Resource Wise, Growth Oriented
Maintains a professional appearance for both themselves and their work environment.
- Completes IT Governance & IT project job assignments to ensure achievement of established project milestones
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.