Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer (Big Data Focus)
at Infoblox Inc.
Infoblox is the global leader in providing actionable network intelligence through network services, security, and threat intelligence. We give companies total control and visibility of their network, allowing them to operate more efficiently and intelligently. We’re the market leader with over 50% of the worldwide DDI market share and over 8,000 customers (Including 93 of the Fortune 100, 350 of the Fortune 500, and 58% of Fortune 1000); running the world’s most sophisticated networks.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our SaaS Next Generation Platform Team in Burnaby, BC. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating, and testing software leveraging microservices as the foundation for Infoblox’s cloud networking applications. Our organization is extremely data-driven where technical innovations happen and you will have an opportunity to use cutting edge technology across all stages of the development lifecycle and work directly with the best of the technical and thought leadership team.
- Join an agile SaaS team to design, develop and maintain features and iteratively deploy services using Infoblox’s cloud-based architecture
- Help design and implement components of Next Generation Platform
- Recommend ways to improve system reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Work closely with various cross-functional product teams
- Stay current on key trends especially in the area of technologies and frameworks like Kubernetes, Docker, ELK/Prometheus
- 6+ years’ experience, 2+ in Big Data Engineering and/or in microservice-based architectures
- Proficient in Java, C++, Golang, or Python
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Experience in microservices development and container-based software using Docker and other container technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc) is a plus
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Good exposure in application performance tuning, memory management, scalability
- Ability to design highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source technologies
- Experience building high-performance algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE is required
- Masters in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
- Work with a world-class Engineering team in a rapidly growing company
- A career path with opportunities to grow
- Boutique office space with state-of-the-art amenities, located in the heart of Metro Vancouver area; steps from SkyTrain and Metrotown Mall
- Cross-functional break room stocked with complimentary snacks and beverages
- And many, many more perks!
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.