Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Federal Buildings Design)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Support our Federal Buildings and Infrastructure Design Practice and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you'll have the chance to work with an internal network of architects and engineers designing facilities for the Federal Government and related institutions. Working with other members of the team, you'll develop design packages using Revit and other software. During your time with us, you will generate calculations, design analyses, construction drawings, and specifications. Additionally, you'll perform field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• U.S. Citizen (hold or be able to obtain Department of Defense Security Clearance)
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from ABET-accredited college or university
• Professional Engineering license
• 10 years of experience designing building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, grounding and lightning protection systems
• Working knowledge of applicable building codes and standards, including National Electrical Code, ASHRAE 90.1, and other NFPA standards
• Ability to generate project specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates
• Ability to travel internationally on at least a limited basis (no more than 1 week per quarter)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Ability to produce building electrical design packages using Revit
• Experience in construction period services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments
• Active or recent Department of Defense Security Clearance
• Experience performing federal design to Unified Facilities Criteria requirements
• Experience with UFGS master specifications
• Experience in design of fire alarm, access control, CCTV systems, intrusion detection systems, and telecom, and data systems
• Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects
Duties will typically be performed in an office environment, at construction sites for new facilities, or at existing facilities undergoing renovation. Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.