J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Information Systems & Assessment Specialist
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Associates’ Degree in technology field; database or programming area preferred.
- SQL server experience preferred.
- Synergy, Versatrans, and Follett Destiny experience preferred.
- Web programming or applications programming experience a plus.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, logical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with adult learners.
- Ability to work with and indirectly supervise employees at multiple sites.
- Ability to import and export data between applications.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of software applications, including databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees, administrators, vendors, and other districts.
- Ability to set and maintain project deadlines and balance several priorities simultaneously.
Education: Equivalency: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired. Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing pertinent diagnostic and application software; adhering to safety practices; planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: common office machines; current generation office software; methods of troubleshooting hardware and software malfunctions including commonly found peripheral equipment; and computer software and networking terminology; SQL or other database query languages.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: being attentive to detail; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; maintaining confidentiality; and working with frequent interruptions; adapting to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules.
The job of Student Information Systems & Assessment Specialist is done for the purpose/s of managing the student information database systems; providing instruction and support to system users; analyzing problems and issues related to the Student Information System and related software; ensuring the fidelity of all district student information; supporting the electronic enrollment and student data integration processes; managing assessment systems; coordinating usage among all system users; coordinating and producing a variety of internal and externally mandated statistical and instructional reports.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
- Administers system security, backups, upgrades, and migrations (e.g. authorization, access, read only, passwords, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining and regulating access to the student information systems.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for input or merging into student information systems (e.g. student record updates, assessment records, attendance, scheduling, grading, transcripts, demographic, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information for accurate report generation.
- Coordinates and assists with installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and peripherals including communication hardware and software as they relate to student information systems (e.g. upgrades, drivers, etc.) for the purpose of providing access to local applications by site and district users.
- Designs a variety of often complex forms, report options, and/or database applications (e.g. assessment information, attendance, enrollment, training summaries, budgets, timeliness, etc.) for the purpose of responding to requests and providing customized solutions for data collection and reporting.
- Develops user guides and work aids for the purpose of supporting the training of district staff in the use of the student information system and assessment programs.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal mandates (e.g. assessment, regulations, attendance reporting, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining and reporting accurate information.
- Inputs data into student information system (e.g. student record updates, assessment records, attendance, scheduling, grading, transcripts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of data.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items and ensuring the security of materials.
- Participates in meetings and workshops for the purpose of communicating student information systems' and assessment systems' capabilities, requirements, and/or accommodating district goals.
- Performs data recovery or repair of the student information systems and assessment systems as needed for the purpose of restoring or repairing corrupted databases.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc reports (e.g. state attendance and demographic reports, data exports for budgeting, grades, discipline, and/or assessment, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and complying with mandated requirements.
- Responds to user requests for a variety of report options (e.g. assessment information, attendance, discipline, enrollment, training summaries, budgets, timeliness, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Trains district and site staff on the use of student information systems and assessment systems (e.g. new applications, upgrades, updates, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing processes, improving work efficiency and effectiveness, and adherence to State and Federal mandates.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the student information systems and/or assessment systems for the purpose of resolving user problems.
- Performs reasonably related job functions as may be required for the purpose of supporting other personnel in the completion of their work activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop or kneel. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 58% sitting, 7% walking, and 35% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Wage Schedule, Range DD
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 12 Months, 261 Days
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Technology
Hours: Full-time 8 Hours per Day
Notice of Non-Discrimnation
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)