Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workday IT Engineer - HR
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Develops cost effective information technology solutions for Company’s business software by analyzing, designing, developing business solutions, developing and maintaining reporting, and/or configuring software solutions. Increases system efficiency and reliability by handling moderately complex tasks and/or activities. Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services, problem-solving expertise for user interface issues and training.
Essential Job Results
Creates, enhances, evaluates and maintains systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties. Maintains working understanding of client business functions. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for Workday (WD) HR products.
Supports SMEs in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the Company’s WD system and other key systems, as appropriate. Provides technical trouble-shooting and problem-solving expertise and solutions for WD products. Replicates issues, submits cases to WD support, and follow-up resolution. Responsible for implementing WD HR upgrades and enhancements. Develops user acceptance criteria and test plans for upgrades. Performs and oversees user acceptance testing. Responsible for maintaining (or creating) current documentation of the WD HR systems, design, processes, and policies. Maintains integration related requirements and technical documentation.
Drives the execution of WD HR configurations, delegations, and on-going maintenance of setups values across all modules in WD HR. Enhances WD HR business processes (e.g. modify custom validations, condition rules, approvals, etc.), to support ongoing business process changes. Ensures data integrity and creates and manages reports, scheduled and ad hoc; simple reports; Monitors and triage integrations (Core Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIBs), Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems.
Willing to learn Salesforce product.
- Minimum two (2) years of Workday HR experience.
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years related programming/systems analysis experience, or equivalent business systems experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require any combination or all of the following skills.
- Software development or configuration using ERP software such as Workday or PeopleSoft
- Oracle databases/tools
- Working knowledge of XSLT, EIBs and Mass Data loads required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced expert Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation of processes and changes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.