Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Writer I
at Carter BloodCare
Under the direction of the Manager of Procedure Development, the Technical Writer I’s role is to develop written information to ensure the end user performs regulated job tasks in accordance with regulatory, manufacturer and company guidelines.
Technical Writing staff is responsible for research, development, and maintenance of Carter BloodCare (CBC) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), forms, labels and validations. SOP’s are written and maintained in accordance with regulatory standards including, but not limited to, FDA, AABB, OSHA, manufacturer recommendations, and CBC guidelines in the Quality Standard Manual.
The position must exhibit excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills. They must have the ability to interpret technical information for technical and non-technical personnel use. This position liaise with department subject matter experts, end-users, manufacturers, quality assurance and process improvement staff, medical directors, department management, and external vendors. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- 1 year of specialized training in computer or extensive word processing skills
- Five plus years of work experience in business and/or health care field
- Technical Writing or equivalent work experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in the field of blood banking and cGMP in a regulatory environment desirable
- Document control experience preferred
- Medical Terminology a plus
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive Microsoft Word and typing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Visio
- Superior analytical and composition skills
- Ability to analyze target audience and present ideas in user-friendly language
- Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research on a wide range of topics
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, self directed and receptive to change
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.