Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Project Manager
at Pediatric Associates
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Associate Project Manager - PMO is responsible for supporting teams in delivering program(s) / project(s) of various complexities that span across one or more functional business areas [enterprise]. They will function in a supportive role in the development and progress of large scale projects but will also lead smaller, less complex functional area initiatives. They will need to adhere to standard project management principles throughout the duration of every initiative. This will include management of all risks / issues and project change requests to ensure delivery of a successful on-time, on budget project. He / She will also act in a supporting role to any strategic planning and process improvement initiatives as they relate to improving the overall delivery of each project. The Associate Project Manager will also be the administrator of the enterprise portfolio program management [PPM] solution and will be the primary contact for any / all data / analytical requests as they relate to the PMO.
REPORTS TO: Director PMO
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES: No
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Project Protocols and Methods - Utilize and champion best practice governance and project management tools and processes for the effective and consistent management of all small scale projects, which should include, but not be limited to, charters, project plans, risk registry, testing and approval documentation and any other PMO standardized templates including enterprise project management software. Support should facilitate the highest quality, while leveraging resources, and lowering project risk and cost.
2. Tracking & Monitoring - Utilizes and champions industry standard systems and processes to support the objective reporting of project requests against stated goals and benchmarks that monitor cost, timeliness, deliverable quality and project health; for the purpose of lowering risk, and allowing for effective supporting of the portfolio and corporate resources. Assists in the development and documentation of appropriate and aligned project goals and resource plans, and then provides ongoing support through and after project completion to assure stated returns on investment are achieved. Will assume the system administrator role for the selected portfolio program management [PPM] software solution.
3. Project Support & Execution - Provides direct and indirect support to project teams and their sponsors in the form of tools, roadmaps, and training that facilitate consistent execution across the portfolio and corporate functions. Will act in a supporting role regarding setting guidelines and expectations for all members of the project teams.
4. Collaboration & Maturity - Plays a key role in the maturity of the PMO department. Collaborating with internal and system wide stakeholders to provide support in the development of best in class processes, tools and methodologies. As the PPM administrator, will proactively provide innovative solutions to aid in the development of the PMO suite of tools and templates.
5. Professional Development & Team Work - Acts as a subject matter expert to the enterprise on the PPM solution and related functionality.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Office / Desk work
Remote / Onsite
Monday - Friday
May include travel to various practice locations on an as needed basis.
* Under the guidance of the department leadership or Project Manager II, provide support on all aspects of enterprise program and project engagement from inception, planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, which should include external vendor relationships, change and communications, resources management, budget, change control, risks / issues tracking
* Assist in the development, tracking and reporting on project related success criteria results, metrics, KPI’s and deployment management activities
* Work creatively collaboratively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
* Understand and be able to translate interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
* Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
* Support and continually manage project and program expectations while managing assigned deliverables with other core team members [internal and external] and business stakeholders\
* Provide support in the development of materials, champion and facilitation of strategic planning sessions at all levels of the organization
* Support process improvement initiatives at the enterprise and functional department level
* For less complicated, functional area projects, develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders [internal and external]
* For less complicated, functional area projects define success criteria and disseminate to, gain buy-in from all involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
* Develop trusted subject matter expert relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and organization stakeholders
* Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks ranging from project management, administrator of the PPM solution, solutioning data requests to brainstorming the most appropriate method to present and articulate data.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business, Computer Sciences, Healthcare Management required
CAPM training / certification preferred
Lean Six Sigma training / certification preferred
Membership to industry associations preferred
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid*
* 3 + years of program / project management work experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
* 3 + years in gathering, definition and/or deployment of business requirements at an enterprise level
* 2 + years of experience in enterprise strategic planning within a healthcare setting, preferred, which should include support of executive and functional area team facilitation sessions
* 3 + years knowledge and experience with practice integration / operations work preferred
* 1 + years in providing expertise in deploying Lean Six Sigma / Process Improvement programs and initiatives, while leading and directing teams to achieve desired results using Six Sigma methodologies
* Intermediate understanding of standard enterprise, program and project management principles, methods and techniques
* Prior experience in supporting project management initiatives, of varying complexities in a physician practice setting
* Knowledge and experience supporting Lean Kaizen / Process Improvement work a plus
* Experience supporting operation / implementation projects simultaneously
* Strong experience scheduling and preparing presentations and status reports to department and functional leads
* Demonstrated skills providing support to projects in a matrix environment
* Superb written and oral communication skills required
* Demonstrated experience managing external vendors / consultants preferred
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of the following systems: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Smart Sheet (or similar project management tool), Visio, SharePoint, MD36.
* Deep knowledge of enterprise portfolio program management solutions and functionality
* Intermediary knowledge [and a strong desire to learn] spreadsheets and data analysis
* Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create relationships with business partners and gain stakeholder confidence
* Ability to ‘connect the dots’ regarding intra-department projects.
* Ability to analyze workflows and make sound, logical recommendations.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to lead / influence without authority
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature of level of the job.