Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Engineer II
at Pediatric Associates
System Engineer II FEATURED
PRIMARY FUNCTION: System Engineering.
REPORTS TO: Reports Directly to the Section Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Build, manage, maintain and monitor data networks, application and storage servers based on Enterprise TCP/IP and Microsoft based Server and Desktop architecture including Terminal Server, MS SQL server, MS Exchange Server and SharePoint Server, in both a physical and virtual machine environment.
- Configure and maintain hybrid/cloud based applications such as MS Azure, Office 365 and Citrix Administration
- Create and maintain technical documentation, end user documentation and system administration documentation using standard desktop software tools.
- Maintain data security systems, backup solutions (Veeam preferred), and redundancy strategies
- Manage and maintain systems automation environment
- Configure and maintain business VoIP telephony systems
- Solid experience (3 years) with managing MS SQL Server 2012/2014 and MS SharePoint Server is preferred.
- Provide application support to users who have varying degrees of knowledge with computer systems by communicating effectively and applying your experience.
- Research, troubleshoot and solve complex data and voice system problems and engage and consult with vendor engineers as needed.
- Serve as a consultant to the business and IT teams to determine the most appropriate technology solution required for business projects as a subject matter expert in the areas of technology design and support.
- Leverage teammates, knowledge bases, technology forums and vendor support to perform root cause analysis and implement controls to prevent outage recurrences.
- Capable of working very closely with a technical team to rapidly respond to and resolve complex network and application issues in a structured, analytical and logical manner. Ability to identify root cause and recommend mitigation steps.
- Apply sound time management principles to prioritize multiple tasks and issues to meet deadlines and satisfy service level agreements.
- Courteously, reliably and quickly provide support to end users both over the phone and in person following established protocols for troubleshooting and resolution.
- Communicate clearly and accurately to provide status reports to leadership, as well as to provide instructions and advise to end users. Able to translate "tech talk" into a format that can be understood by those who are not comfortable with technical language.
- Proactively manage remote datacenter systems to ensure highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability data / communication systems are secure, and updated.
- Perform routine system maintenance daily to ensure availability of data and communication services at all times during production hours.
- Manage software licenses, system logs and perimeter security systems to ensure compliance with all security and licensing protocols.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Willing and able to work flexible hours as needed for special projects.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to provide on-site support at our various office locations.
- Apply best practices for system administration to manage a large and complex data network so that it is secure, reliable and robust.
- Participate in system design and architecture activities
- Participate in Incident Response, Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery activities
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently.
- Occasional travel is necessary on as as-needed basis to resolve issues at company locations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Information Technology and a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated advanced experience in the field of Active Directory and TCP/IP system administration. Equivalent years of experience in the field of Information Technology Systems Engineering will be considered.
Licensure/Certification: Current industry certifications at an expert level are a required, including MCSE Server Infrastructure. Certifications at an advanced level for Citrix, VMWare and Ruckus Networks are preferred. Other current or recent certifications at a Systems Engineering level may also be considered.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have had a minimum of 5 years of demonstrable expert level systems engineering experience in the areas of
- Microsoft AD Domain -DNS (Internal/ External), Group Policy, DFS, Networking, multi-domain and multi-forest
- Microsoft File & Print management, SFTP systems
- Powershell automation
- Server hardware configuration including storage technology and architecture, remote management systems (eg iDrac, iLo)
- Networking systems including VPN, Network Access Control, Wireless Controllers, Firewalls/DMZ architecture
- Security systems including endpoint protection management such as MS System Center, Anti-virus
- Application delivery environment management including MS Remote Desktop Host, Citrix, Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Server Operating Systems including Microsoft Server, Server Core and varying versions of Linux
The successful candidate will also have had a minimum of 5 years of demonstrable intermediate level systems engineering experience in medium to large scale environments in the areas of:
- Relational Database management (eg MS SQL Server)
- Web server management and architecture
- Virtualization technology (specifically VMWare)
- Perimeter security systems (firewalls, IPS/IDS)
- Encryption management (Certificate Servers, Key Management, IPSec)
- Collaboration platforms including MS Sharepoint Server
Optional but beneficial Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have had 2 or more years of Intermediate or senior system engineering experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft PowerApps (eg PowerBI)
- Azure Active Directory
- Mobile Device Management
- Network activity monitoring
- System management and uptime reporting (configuring and using CMDB tools)