Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
K-3 Literacy Support Specialist @ Redfield Elementary
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: J
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Provide literacy tutoring and intervention for K-3 at-risk students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Tutor identified K-3 students in reading skills either individually or in small groups.
2. Work in a push-in or push-out model for instruction.
3. Assist classroom teachers and school’s literacy team.
4. Conduct pre/post and ongoing assessments of student literacy skills.
5. Attend a variety of meetings and in-service staff development sessions.
6. Attend meetings to give input on student progress.
7. Collaborate with administrative and instructional staff members.
8. Maintain, monitor and analyze student data and records.
9. Contact parents as necessary and assist other personnel.
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
· Equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Title Schools Only: 60 hours of secondary education or successful completion of the Paraprofessional Test.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· English language and grammar;
· Basic components of reading instruction;
· Child development (K-3)
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Patience when dealing with children;
· Ability to maintain order and discipline when working with children;
· Ability to maintain the interest of children;
· Effective communication skills with coworkers and the general public;
· Good interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors and the genral public;
· Basic computer skills and entry level understand of Microsoft Work and Excel.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)