University of Advancing Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Virtual Reality (VR) Adjunct Faculty
at University of Advancing Technology
University of Advancing Technology is looking for an adjunct professor to teach undergraduate courses in our Virtual Reality program.
Course topics include:
- Prototype and complete original virtual / augmented reality applications for multiple platforms utilizing a full project development lifecycle from concept to completion.
- Create and implement immersive user experiences that utilize the interaction approaches unique to virtual / augmented reality hardware and platforms.
- Design and develop simulations that leverage gamification on virtual / augmented reality platforms to enhance the outcomes of non-entertainment applications such as training, medical, therapeutic, military, or learning based environments.
- Create the designs, assets, scripting, and programming needed to effectively realize fully interactive and engaging virtual reality worlds.
- Create, implement, evaluate, and analyze the systems and mechanics utilizing written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate visualizations representing data, real world entities, events, and interactions.
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
- Facilitation of innovative student VR/AR projects
- Mentoring geeky technology driven students
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to Virtual Reality
- Development of course materials related to college level virtual reality and augment reality courses
Education Level Required:
- Master's degree in a field related to the classes to be taught
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.