Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PC Technician - Radio System Support
at Pinal County
- JOB SUMMARY
Install, modify, configure and repair- 2-way radios hardware and software and provide technical assistance and training to system users under basic supervision.
- Example of Duties
- Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform installation, modification, configuration and repair functions for computers and/or 2- way radios, including hardware, software, and peripheral devices and resolve problems within scope of authority and training.
- Provide technical assistance and training to system users as requested.
- Interview user to collect information about technology problems and technical issues, lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error, and diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Define user problems, research and isolate error sources, and implement technical solutions to resolve problems.
- Deploy new IT hardware and software packages as directed.
- Maintain IT hardware, equipment, and peripheral devices.
- Research technical issues and recommend repairs, replacements, and upgrades.
- Refer complex problems, which are beyond the skills of the PC Technician to senior technical staff and track the problem until it has been resolved.
- Cross-train in technical skills for maintaining additional IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year of IT technical Motorola radio system support experience.
- Valid Driver's License with an Arizona Driver's License required within 30 days of hire.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- May be required to obtain Terminal Operator Certification for access to Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS).
- Successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
- ON Call and after hours support.
- Experience supporting Public Safety radio hardware and systems.
- Experience in installation mobile computer hardware. Successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
- Supplemental Information
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of technical support principles, processes, and standards.
- Knowledge of capabilities of computer systems and networked environments.
- Skill in assessing customer support needs and implementing effective solutions.
- Ability to use basic tools, equipment, and procedures for maintaining and repairing computers and peripheral devices.
- Supplemental Information
The work is medium and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to climb, crawl, crouch, finger, grasp, handle, reach, kneel, lift, pull, push, speak, stand, stoop, walk, perform repetitive motion , operate motor vehicles, hear, speak, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs. This position is located in a shop environment working on vehicles indoors and outdoors.