Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician, Computer (CASH)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer five (5) years experience in general computer and network technology. School district technology experience preferred.
Director of Technology
To maintain the technology of the school district.
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Installs and configures local area data communications networks which may carry data, voice and video communications following organization standards.
- Installs, operates and maintains network services, routers, concentrators, hubs, switches, modems and other network devices following technical plans.
- Resolves network communications problems to ensure user’s access appropriate networks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all technology related issues.
- Responds to user questions and explains the operation of network applications and equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of standards and documentation.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of technology equipment.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: recordkeeping/bookkeeping principles; and technology devices and software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- The ability to type 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of appropriate technology systems and telephones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, kneeling, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Twelve-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Full Time Employee Benefits: accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)