Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Project Manager/ Project Engineer
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-FL-Fort Lauderdale
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- Fort Lauderdale
Join a team with 50 years of success in the real estate industry! Lincoln Property Company is currently hiring for a Assistant Project Manager/ Project Engineer. The key objectives of this position should be to oversee, coordinate, and assist in managing assigned Third Party General Contractor built developments with the Senior Project Manager. This position is directly responsible for reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager for all phases of construction from assisting in construction, to the final turnover to management, and post construction evaluation. We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded person who enjoys leading and managing the success of a business. Does this sound like you? Join us!
Founded in 1965, Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest and most diversified property management companies in the United States. Lincoln maintains a presence in more than 200 cities in the U.S. and 10 countries throughout Europe. Our mission is to be a company for people, a company about people.
Duties of the Position:
Oversees and coordinates all phases of construction and construction accounting on a particular job. Is responsible for reviewing, reporting and advising on all construction administration duties related to the oversight of a third party General Contractor. Assists the Senior Project Manager with oversight of all phases of the project coordination, supervision, and administration which includes documentation of the construction of all improvements related to the project.
The duties include assisting with the review and evaluation of all budgets, job schedules, plans, and specifications. Assisting in preconstruction planning and development. Assisting with the coordination of all consultants for value engineering, construction budgets and schedules and quality. During construction, attend scheduled meetings, review Change Orders, review schedule, facilitate all RFI’s ASI’s and questions, coordinate and facilitate all submittals, review General Contractor’s work for general compliance to plans and specifications, coordination with the Senior Project Manager.
The general duties of this position include:
• Review and assist in qualifying subcontractor scope of work and compliance to contract documents if applicable.
• Advise on product substitutions or proposed value engineering proposals.
• Assist and advise on mock up for finishes and weatherproofing.
• Assist and evaluate key details and plans related with compliance to standard specifications and details.
• Assist with the review and evaluation of Contractor’s Application of Payment monthly prepared by Operating Office upon request.
• Assist with the assimilation, processing, and control of all Pay Requests for both Hard and Soft Costs related to the project with LPC Accounting.
• Assure all Project Management documentation is properly recorded and stored in Timberline.
• Assist Senior Project Manager with scheduling, coordinating, and implementing the General Contractor’s and Design Professional’s third party consultants and inspections, including, but not limited to: Equity Third Party Inspections, Debt Third Party Inspections, FHA/ADA Consultant’s design review and field inspections, Exterior Cladding Consultant’s design review and field inspections, Design Professional’s document QC and field inspections, Sustainable Building Consultant’s design review and field inspections, Interior Designer’s drawings and field installation, and all third party “special inspections” and testing provided by Owner.
• Review request for changes, assist in negotiating proposals, and submit recommendations to the Senior Project Manager.
• Review and coordinate all RFI’s, ASI’s, and Submittals with GC and Architect and maintain log of each.
• Assist with monitoring Weekly and Monthly Reports as needed.
• Attend regularly scheduled construction meetings.
• Assist in interpreting requests from the General Contractor of the meaning and intent of the contract documents and assist in the resolutions of any questions that arise.
• Assist Senior Project Manager and Architect in review, evaluation and documentation of Proposed Change Orders and Claims by General Contractor.
• Assist Senior Project Manager in evaluating and negotiating weather delays or related claims.
• Assist Senior Project Manager with Project Turnover and QC with General Contractor and Lincoln Property Management.
• Assist with the coordination and documentation of all Testing and Training of Management and Maintenance Personnel, provided by General Contractor.
• Assist in assimilating all Warranty information to Property Management.
• Assist Architect and Senior Project Manager with Final Completion Certificates, Final Inspections and certifications by consultants, General Contractor final payment and retention release.
The following items are not included:
• Producing, processing or approval of Change Orders
• Detailed onsite inspections or final approval of conformance to plans and specifications
• Detailed onsite inspections for Quality Assurance Program and reporting
• Coordination of the design consultants and their duties
• Interpretation of the construction documents other than advising.
• Make any decision or give any direction, authorization or approval that would assume Consultant’s or Owner’s liability
• Dictating or control of General Contractor’s construction means, methods, sequence, safety or other General Contractor responsibilities under the terms of the Owner Contractor Agreement.
- Excellent ability to read, interpret and follow Plans & Specifications
- Must be willing to Travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Microsoft Project
- MS Excel
- MS Word
Lincoln Property Company offers competitive pay, a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and 40(k) and opportunities for career development and advancement.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Up to 5 years of experience as an Assistant Project Manager / Project Engineer is preferred
- English verbal and written communication skills required
- A valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation is required