Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Technical Writer/Editor - LSTS
at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
- Scientific Support
- Location : Location
- Lovelace Scientific & Technical Services (LSTS)
APHC personnel provide requirements-driven services to promote healthy people, communities, animals and work places through the prevention of disease, injury and disability of Soldiers, Military Retirees, their Families, Veterans, DA Civilian Employees and animals through studies, surveys and technical consultations.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer/Editor to Support the Area of the Laboratory Sciences (LAB) Directorate at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Edgewood, MD. This opportunity is a full-time contract position in the Technical Writing/Editorial Support Division.
- Responsible for performing advanced technical writing work in support of laboratory operations.
- Update, design and/or develop various types of laboratory documents (i.e. LIMS Training Plans/Manuals, LAB Client Service Manual; SOPs; Reports etc.)
- Composing, organizing, and editing compiled laboratory data and information
- Review the composition and editing technical laboratory documents
- Conduct the necessary research to develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Draft and revise laboratory methods, and report templates along with other documentation necessary to ensure the procedure for reporting routine laboratory information is documented.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Edit documents for grammar, spelling, format, and style according to established guidelines. Create and revise, as necessary, guidelines to standardize document content (e.g., protocols, reports, analytical standards, SOPs, etc).
- Consult with technical laboratory personnel on process requirements and specifications, as well as consults of relevant SOPs to assure compliance. Completes necessary support tasks for document issuance
- Develop and analyze the continuity of laboratory documents relative to their style and content; Validates reports to insure accuracy and quality
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results
- Author SOPs, policy manuals, and other instructional documents.
- Develop training curricula and coordinate, conduct training sessions for new or revised laboratory processes associated with new and updated laboratory documents
Requires a bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field and a minimum of 4 years of directly-related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
Salary is commensurate with experience.