Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager/Director, Software Engineering
As the Manager/Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for the management of a small team of engineers, quality assurance engineers, and technical project manager. You will be required to use your experience and expertise to contribute to the direction of MaidPro’s software product(s) and the processes used to deliver on Product Roadmaps. This role will be highly visible in the organization and will offer significant opportunities to improve the quality of the software development life cycle. This position is a management role, part leader and part doer, and will suit a candidate with proven problem-solving skills, and the desire to wear multiple hats. The chosen candidate will work with Product Management, Project Management, and the Executive team to influence the development of a strategic technical roadmap, implement technology solutions and develop the engineering team to support our strategies.
- Provide technical leadership, management, and input to the technical vision to the engineering team.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Quality Assurance team to define improvements to development and testing processes required to deliver and maintain web-based mission critical applications developed on the Force.com platform.
- Promote best practices, and drive the adoption of new technologies to enhance products, improve performance, streamline processes and code, and ensure high quality.
- Responsible for hiring, professional development, and training; completing performance reviews for MaidPro’s software engineering team.
- Provide on-going employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building.
- Develop and/or review documents related to product requirements, participate in product brainstorming sessions, and propose solution methodologies to deliverables.
- Maximize contributions of team members, and ensure on time delivery of product deliverables
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships, and outsourced development.
- Assist software development team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical and organizational obstacles.
- Support the preparation of technology roadmap, driving consistent vision across software engineering organization, and implementation of the product roadmap.
- Conduct research and build business case and RFP’s on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the implementation (build / buy or partner)
- Provides project management backup as required
- 2+ years as a manager or higher, working with a team of senior software engineers / architects
- 5+ years experience leading a team or teams
- Hands-on web-based software development experience
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance tools and processes
- Experience working with various software development methodologies including the Agile / Scrum environment, and with other software development
- Creative problem-solving skills and innovative solutions to complex business and technical problems
- Ability & desire to wear multiple hats
- Strong communication skills: conversational, written, and presentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology or related field strong programming experience
- Experience with Cloud level technology strongly desired
- Experience developing on the Salesforce.com platform
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Experience working closely with senior executives to execute effectively on strategic plans and track and report progress
- Be current on new industry trends, technologies, and software development
MaidPro is a Boston-based franchisor of residential cleaning services with over 275 offices throughout the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1997, takes pride in its strong owner community, kick-ass proprietary technology, and creative marketing. The Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade.
We hire people who are natural learners, passionate about their careers and love to see the results of their work help businesses grow! We provide a fun place to work where people are nice, individuality is respected, learning is continuous, and your cutting edge ideas are welcomed. We have an on-site wellness program which includes group and personal fitness training, yoga, nutrition and meditation.
The ultimate Boston work location! We are located right next to the Boston Garden, steps away from the North Station Commuter Rail, orange and green line, Route 93 and Storrow Drive.