Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Software Engineer-Lead
at Merchant E
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We are looking for an Sr. Software Engineer to work, deploy, and manage backend systems who are passionate about their work and embrace the ideals of the software craftsmanship and Agile development practices.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on development
- Architect, design, and develop software running on J2EE platform (Spring / Spring Boot)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Create, refactor, and / or implement Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and / or Microservice Architectures.
- Develop applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on RDBMS such as Oracle and/ or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB.
- Shift Left testing mentality
- Engage in code reviews, Coach team members around code quality, utilize Sonar tools and reporting
- Sponsor innovation within the team's work.
- Articulate context internally for the team and to the larger organization.
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions.
- Ensure Security development and testing is established early and often into the development process (OWASP top 10)
- Provide the technical coaching to get your team to experiment and to solve technical problems.
- Organize the accumulated knowledge gained by the team so that all team members have easy access to this body of knowledge.
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value.
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Implement best DevOps practices within ME
- Work closely with our team of Product Managers, as well as your own team of developers, QA, and designers
- Be involved in (5+ hours) refinement sessions and contribute to the health of the backlog (depth and structure)
- IDE: Eclipse and Intelli J
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 5+ years current experience being a solid contributor to agile software development teams.
- 5+ years of experience successfully working with Developers, Architects and Product Owners to give options for potential solutions.
- Successfully delivered software solutions from ideation to production.
- 8-10+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java, C#, or any major OO language.
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience in engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- 5-7+ years of hands on experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservice Architecture.
- Experience architecting and designing frameworks to be used by applications that are running on a J2EE platform.
- Working knowledge building applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on a RDBMS such as Oracle and / or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration using Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and Antifactory.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- Understands and can implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Exposure to Cloud Environment (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Comfortable working in Linux.
- Loves Macintosh Laptops.
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.