Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AHA Support Specialist
at Mid-State Technical College
Provides support for all levels of basic life support courses for open enrollment, continuing education, and contracted services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Schedule basic life support courses.
Arrange for instructors for scheduled basic life support open enrollment courses and contracted basic life support courses.
Maintain a positive liaison with all instructors employed by Mid-State, as well as those that are attached to an aligned training site.
Update, revise, and maintain American Heart Association (AHA) curriculum and instructional materials.
Manage and maintain AED, CPR, and First Aid equipment, including the ordering of new and/or replacement supplies.
Issue course completion cards to students who successfully complete a course.
Maintain card support to all aligned training sites.
Maintain all AHA required documentation for courses that are completed.
Other duties as assigned.
Prior administrative assistant experience preferred.
Prior or current AHA recognition as a BLS provider preferred.
Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Work as a team member and with a variety of people.
- Handle confidential information appropriately.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
A pro-rated amount of paid time off will be associated with .
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting August 16, 2019. Applications received on or after August 16th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.