Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
at Miller Cang
Job Reference #: 11284709
NYC Fitness leading Media firm is seeking a candidate motivated to help continue automating and scaling their infrastructure w/ a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity. This person will have opportunities to experiment with and implement new technologies across their entire architecture. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to try new things, and constantly push the envelope.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Infrastructure architectural scoping, design and implementation
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes, and test all of it)
- MYSQL database administration (query optimization, replication, MHA)
- Deployments (Improve Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Scale high traffic websites
- Experience w/ AWS infrastructure (VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3, CloudFront, Redshift, Elasticache, RDS (MYSQL/Aurora)).
- Deploying scalable web infrastructure (Apache/NGINX/PHP/PHP-FPM/Redis/Memcache/MYSQL)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Deploying microservices-based architecture
- Load testing (Gatling and JMeter)
- Deploying and supporting microservices
- Understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and network concepts.
- Linux fundamentals (CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Jenkins/Terraform/Packer/Ansible/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Newrelic, Sumologic, Datadog)