Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Systems Engineer III
at MiTek Industries
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
As a Systems Engineer III for the Enterprise IT Group, you are to apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of Enterprise IT Service Offerings. You are expected to have broad working knowledge of and participate with installations, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of cloud based service offerings, service life-cycle, software, hardware, infrastructure, and IT operations optimization.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing Enterprise systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems on a global platform
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to all business units and team members
- Provide guidance to business units on how to integrate their servers and technology into the enterprise systems offering
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Responsible for supporting and monitoring servers and networking in Azure, Enterprise Active Directory infrastructure, Global DNS, and any other Global Service offering
- Provide orientation and training to business units for all modified and new system
- Work with other team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Possess excellent leadership, troubleshooting as well as logical and creative problem-solving skills over a broad range of IT disciplines
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, organization skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and documentation
- Effective use of interpersonal and communication skills to support negotiations with vendors, team members, sponsors and others within the organization
- Focuses results on company goals and customer needs satisfaction
- Builds a high level of trust and rapport with others throughout the organization
Education: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of cloud design, support, and engineering
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization and Server Systems.
- 2+ years of PowerShell use in Production environment.
- 2+ years of enterprise engineering and support experience.
- 2+ years of Firewall Experience
- Excellent IT documentation skills following best practices including flow charts, technical guides, user guides, etc.
- Technical experience in cloud design, support and engineering
- Experience with virtualization, server systems and firewalls along with enterprise engineering and support experience
- PowerShell scripting experience required for maintenance, configuration, management, reporting and automation
- Experience in working in a Holdings or Enterprise environment focused on reliability, uptime and recommending complete solution sets to other businesses or business units
Job/ Technical/ Computer Skills:
Must be proficient in two of the following areas:
- O365 PBX, O365 Conference Calling
- Azure Networking
- Azure Dev Ops
- Azure Server Management and Scripting
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.