Monarch Atlantis Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Monarch Atlantis Casino
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis has opened a Network Admin career opportunity. This position is responsible for the design, maintenance, configuration, and support of wired and wireless network infrastructure for the company, coordinating network needs with IT systems and operational staff.
• Contributes design concepts for new and existing network designs for both general and specialized network applications to provide the most reliable and robust capabilities while controlling costs.
• Researches network solutions for implementation, including the evaluation and selection of various vendor products, determining necessary components for successful integration, and participating in budgeting activities.
• Plans, performs, and documents installation and upgrade of all network related equipment. Coordinates with vendors during the design, acquisition, and installation phases to assure compliance and compatibility.
• Establishes and maintains network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency, reporting significant metrics to management and suggesting solutions for resolution of observed issues.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation policies in coordination with the Systems Manager and ensures their accurate and consistent operation.
• Provides full documentation for all networks, to include drawings, inventories, specifications, and configurations.
• Acts as the primary contact for troubleshooting reported network performance issues.
• Assists in performing escalation support for network-connected devices, including workstations, servers, network appliances, and security infrastructure devices.
• Researches new and emerging technologies for feasibility in the environment.
• Integrates new technology with existing technology to ensure compatibility.
• Prepares progressive reports for all work performed.
• Works with the Systems team to ensure goals of servers, applications, and security are met.
• At least 2 years networking experience in a high-paced medium to large network environment
• CCNA required; CCNP (Routing/Switching, Wireless, Data Center, and/or Security) preferred.
• Experience with common networking protocols, including VLANs (802.1Q), Wi-Fi (802.11), IGMP Multicast, Spanning Tree Protocol, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSec, HTTP, OSPF, and BGP.
• Understanding of common networking concepts, including the OSI layers, subnetting, NAT, quality of service, Power over Ethernet, and network admission control.
• Ability to troubleshoot networking issues and use basic analysis tools, including Wireshark, TCPDump, and Nmap to support troubleshooting.
• Network infrastructure security device experience preferred, particularly with Cisco and F5.
• Experience with software-defined networking and/or cloud networking desired.
• Ability to multitask and work independently to achieve assigned tasks and projects.