National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Desk Support Analyst
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Information Services & Technology
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12814
The Service Desk Support Analyst provides first level technical support to all clinical, research, administrative, and external portal end-users for National Jewish Health. The Service Desk Analyst partners and builds relationships with other Information Systems and Technology (IST) teams in achieving exceptional and high quality service delivery.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems related to hardware, software, network and system/applications utilizing technical skills, historical database records and knowledgebase documentation.
- Processes all incoming incident and service requests for Information Services and refers more complex issues that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk level to other IST support groups via Enterprise Service Management system.
- Creates, maintains, and distributes technical support documentation on the team and IST SharePoint sites.
- Enters all requests and thoroughly documents all information related to the request in the Enterprise Management System. This includes the information mentioned above, any and all error messages received by the end-user, all troubleshooting that has been performed, and any other information that would be deemed pertinent to the reported issue.
- Uses available tools, technical skills and abilities to resolve as many cases as possible from the Service Desk perspective, increasing first touch resolution. Leverages remote control software to trouble-shoot and train end-users.
- Responsible for keeping the Service Desk supervisor informed regarding current IST outages, events, and escalations.
- Performs as back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Build Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contribution of others.
- Build Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand and develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when required.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Computer-related coursework or training preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of recent and related experience required. Previous Desktop Support experience is preferred with emphasis on Windows 10 OS and MS Office 2016.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and MS Office Suite preferred. A+, Network +, Microsoft Certifications, and ITIL V3 Foundations Certification strongly preferred.